Your St. Modwen Homes warranty, which lasts for 2
years from the date of legal completion, covers items not
included in the NHBC Buildmark cover or LABC Warranty.
For that period, we guarantee items supplied as part of
your new home, covering defects caused by either faulty
workmanship or materials. Please note this covers:
- Items reported at the home demonstration.
- Rainwater system (guttering) is covered for 1 year.
- Burglar alarm systems are covered for 1 year.
- Breakdown of appliances (which are supplied and
fitted by St. Modwen Homes) for a period of 1 year,
appliance warranty cards need to be completed and
registered with the appropriate manufacturer.
- Heating, plumbing and electrical systems are covered
for 2 years from legal completion. Please note it is your
responsibility to have the boiler and cylinder serviced
annually by a qualified engineer, failure to do so can
invalidate any warranty.
- Sealed window units and patio/French doors are covered for 2 years from legal completion.
Our warranty does not cover:
- Problems with any workmanship, materials or
appliances that you have bought or added to
- Damage caused by storms or, accidentally,
by negligence, abuse or poor maintenance of the
property or appliances. This includes blockages
caused by inappropriate disposal of waste.
- Any cosmetic defects such as scratches, chips or
marks that have not been reported on the day of legal
completion. This includes decoration, flooring, tiling,
textured ceilings, kitchen units, fitted bedroom and
bathroom furniture, worktops, sinks, sanitary ware,
appliances, glass, and other similar items.
- Any problems caused by natural shrinkage
- Any inconvenience, distress, consequential loss of enjoyment, or income loss caused by remedial works,
assuming all reasonable steps have been taken by
St. Modwen Homes to minimise disruption.
- Any verbal communication/agreement.
- Storm damage - All new homes are built to exacting standards. However,
even the toughest of structures can be susceptible to
storm damage. Neither the NHBC, LABC or St. Modwen
Homes warranties cover storm damage to your home.
The Association of British Insurers advises home owners
experiencing storm damage to contact their buildings
insurance company in the first instance.
< Back to Customer Services