Compared to an older, second-hand home, buying new can offer a number of advantages that you might not have thought about before…
- It’s brand new! So you’ll be the first person to call it home.
- A new build is essentially a blank canvas, ready for you to make it your own.
- Everything is new, from the kitchen to the bathroom, so you won’t have the added cost of renovating when you move in.
- Depending on when you buy, you may be able to select some of the fixtures and fittings, and start to put your personal stamp on the place before you move in.
- New homes are built to the latest environmental standards, making them more energy efficient and ultimately cheaper to run; saving you money in the long run.
- They’re also safer and more secure, with smoke detectors and burglar alarms generally fitted as standard.
- Using Help to Buy, you can secure a new home with a deposit of just 5% and a 75% mortgage, the government will provide an equity loan of up to 20% to cover the remaining cost (which is then interest free for the first five years).
- If you have a property to sell, you may be able to use Part Exchange or Assisted Move to make the sales process easier (and less stressful).
- Second hand homes can often come with costly repairs, but with a new home there won’t be any surprises when you move in.
- Your new-build home will typically be covered by the NHBC Buildmark warranty which covers any major defects to the structure of your home for up to ten years after completion.
If you buy with St. Modwen Homes you’ll also benefit from a two year guarantee which goes above and beyond Buildmark, guaranteeing items supplied as part of your new home, including your guttering and alarm system for the first year. The heating, plumbing and electrical systems in your new home are also covered for up to two years after completion by the St. Modwen Homes' warranty.
When it comes to design, St. Modwen Homes’ award-winning philosophy of ‘light and height’ means each property is built with higher than average ceilings and large windows throughout, to create bright, open spaces, offering both style and practicality.
< Back to Buy with us