Location: Weston Super Mare
Hours of work: 40 per week Monday - Friday
We are recruiting for Site Management for the next phase of award winning St. Modwen site just 4 miles from the Weston Super Mare. Our new site offers a variety of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and the development will provide a range of community facilities all within walking distance of the new phase.
To manage the build of multiple homes to a specified design and quality, from handover of land through to last legal completion, on budget and in line with the annual build programme and required standards of quality, health and safety, customer service and environment.
• Ensures and always oversees a positive culture of health and safety onsite to ensure a safe working environment.
• Responsible for ensuring our status as a '5 Star Builder' is maintained and that every home is built to the specified design and standard, with the aim of zero defects, focusing on the delivery of excellent customer service
• Responsible for maintaining Construction budgets on their project and making sure Project Construction costs are controlled with no compromise to quality, health and safety or customer service in order to achieve profit targets.
• Be one of faces of St. Modwen Homes for our Customers, playing a key role in the customer journey
• Responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality homes in line with the agreed project programmes, planning and co-ordinating all suppliers and trades to make sure they deliver in line with the critical path, identifying slippage and developing action plans to ensure programme time is recovered
• Responsible for co-ordinating at least two local community events each financial year to promote positive social, economic and environmental change.
• Works in line with site plans and strategy to ensure the project is executed in line with the appraisal
• Implements industry best practice and innovations across their project and works with external bodies such as NHBC, to create better, safer or more cost-effective ways of working.
• To work collaboratively with internal teams, including Sales, Technical, Customer Service and Commercial
• Works collaboratively with Sales Consultants to ensure the project Build Programme and Sales Programme are in alignment to achieve the budget
• Works collaboratively with Customer Service to ensure that customer expectations are always met and any issues are resolved promptly.
• To develop and maintain effective relationships with key external parties, including all external consultants and sub-contractors, building on existing networks
• Towards the end of the build, manages the final stages so that everything is completed to the specified design, quality and deadline.
• To provide coaching and regular feedback to inform performance delivery and development, encouraging empowerment
• To effectively communicate with the team to ensure engagement and enablement
• Promote and lives the values of St. Modwen
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
• Significant experience of site management on a construction site, with experience gained in the house building industry
• Strong knowledge of NHBC guidelines
• Good Commercial acumen
• Working towards relevant NVQ at least level 5 in Construction Site Management
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - up to date certificate
• Track record of managing complex or large sites
• Proven track record of Planning, organising and prioritising skills
• Appropriate CSCS card
• First aid trained
• Good Project management skills
• Full UK driving licence
• IT literate